Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rock And Roll



I had a date with my Bowflex today... I got in lat tower exercises, incline flys, row seat attachment exercises, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, and as many crunches as I could do during AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap." I don't know how many crunches that was, I lost count, but I sure am feeling it now.

Anne - Run-DMZ informed me of a 15K event just near by my house, at the bay, and that she would be volunteering at the event. Since there's no real time limit, I signed up for it! I'm pretty excited about it because I've never run in a 15K event before, all of the women participants get a rose, the t-shirt is tie-dyed, and best of all I get to meet Anne. I might get my hubbie to go with me, but it's an early run. He's not a morning person... I just hope the weather will be kind that day.

Here's where the run will be:
This is the photo I took with my cell phone last week. The path is right on the other side of those palm trees.

Also, on Saturday, is a coworker's birthday/bridal party. We're doing a spa afternoon! It just doesn't get any better than that!

Dustin at Home Depot called and got the refrigerator situation settled! They're going to call in a couple of days to set up delivery! Yay! And Whew! I still don't understand why GE/LG didn't do a swap in the first place... There's nothing like great customer service. Time to write a letter to Home Depot. If I'm not mistaken, I think the employees get brownie points or recognition for happy customer letters.

Peace

9 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Led Zeppelin for this post?
Still no idea who sang yesterday's title.

Great job on the Bowflex workout and best of luck on the 15K.

leslie said...

I love hearing that you're writing a letter of appreciation. I do that too when someone does an excellent job, and I am happy to know that other fine people do the same! :)

Christie said...

Girl, you know I am sooooo jealous of that pic. I am comin down in April to see my family, so maybe we can meet up and do lunch...I'd say lets run, but you my dear are Forest Gump, and I am Bubba. buwhahahaha

Pamela said...

still amazing! BTW-glad I'm not the only one totally stumped about the other song! lol~
As to this one...the first one that comes to mind is Rock & roll-- Ain't Noise Polution! & that's by AC DC & is on my play list for workin out tomorow AM ~ :P

Donna said...

Hey there! I stopped by to do some catching up, again! Seems like I say that more often than ever lately. I'm getting better though, I actually posted something, yay me!

Irene said...

Katie,
Winner!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! I think it will be a blast!

Leslie,
In the first years of my marriage, I worked retail. I've learned that people take great effort to complain but rarely give praise. Few people do give praise when it's deserved. Where I worked, if someone took the time out to write a letter for great customer service, you would get a special pin and, of course, it goes on record.

Christie,
I'm still laughing!!!! I guess it's all relative, though... My brother IS Forrest Gump, in my mind... Kinda looks like him, too. LOL. I'd love to meet you when you come down this way! Keep me posted and maybe we can work out something like lunch. :)

Pamela,
The other song is pretty obscure... Katie guessed right with Led Zep... It's funny but it's just more recently that I've really started to like AC/DC because they have great songs to run by! "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" was played by a band at the last RNR Marathon I was in, somewhere around the big miles like the 20 mile marker, when a person really needs a mental boost. It's been on my playlist ever since. :)

It's Donna! Long time no see! Thanks for stopping by! Stop by more often! :)

NotSoccer Mom said...

i have a friend who has been dealing with refrigerator issues since nov. still not entirely fixed. bought at lowe's, btw. story similar to yours, scratched doors, broken door frame, dented floor, etc., etc. what a pain. i hope you get it fixed and soon!

Irene said...

NSM,
I hope the Home Depot guys come through! If not I'll have to resort to calling one of those news consumer guys who are really obnoxious. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're getting results with the refrigerator situation. That's good.

AC/DC is great workout music. ;)

Thanks for sharing the picture! You are seeing some lovely sights!