Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cherry, Cherry

Product Review

About a month ago, a rep from Cheribundi contacted me to review their juices. I was more than happy to oblige, and she sent me 4 bottles of cherry juice to try.

This is what I received:
Two regular, one lower calorie and one with protein.


This all-natural juice is cherry intense! I like intense flavors, and the tart cherry just bowled me over. It has the consistency of pomegranate juice, yet has a more powerful flavor. I never drank an entire 8 ounce bottle in one sitting, maybe I would drink just half of it or mix it in with lemonade or limeade. The "Tru Cherry" and "Skinny Cherry" versions would probably make good bar mixers for a cherry martini, cherry mimosa or just mixed with soda water and a lime wedge for a refreshing non-alcoholic spritzer.

Cheribuni offered three versions. The "Whey Cherry" has 8 grams of protein, but I'm allergic to whey protein. I was able to taste it without any major consequences, but Hubs drank the rest of it. He must have liked it because it went down fast. The added protein made the juice a little thicker, but not by much. The "Skinny Cherry" version was a little milder in flavor, and is only 90 calories, compared to the 130 calories of the "Tru Cherry." The "Tru Cherry" was true cherry, in your face, knock your socks off flavor.

I would purchase Cheribundi on my own, as I really do like the extreme cherry flavor, but I would experiment mixing it with other fruit juices or drinks, or recipes, such as some sort of marinades, sauces or syrups.*

PS...
It's good for you, too, packed with antioxidants and is a great source of potassium.

Yesterday's Song:
Through My Eyes - Phil Collins

PEACE

*Ooooh, cherry syrup over waffles... Must . Have . Waffles.

6 comments:

misszippy said...

I keep reading good stuff about this product--gotta try it!

Indi said...

sounds yummy! I know cherry is a good food for runners and have been trying to work into my smoothies as well.

Unknown said...

I loved this juice, do you know where to buy it?

Anonymous said...

I have seen this product on other blogs but this is the first time I've picked up that it has whey in it! usually cherry would be a great recovery drink but not so much if you're allergic. Do a lot of products label whey as an allergen in the ingredient statements?

Thanks,
Katherine

Glenn Jones said...

I wasn't sold until I saw that little asterisk. Now I'm on a mission....

Anne said...

Sounds like it would be good in smoothies. I love raw cherries, and now I want to go buy some.