Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dream Of The Blue Turtles

Activity: Run
Date: 06/27/09 07:48 AM

Distance: 5.24 miles
Time: 0:55:43

Speed: 5.6 mph

Pace: 10' 38 min/mile

Calories: 501



The track club run started at Harbor Island, but I opted to go only as far as the Embarcadero at Ash St. and back. I suppose I could have gone further with some of the other runners, but I don't have any thing longer than a 5k planned. I really don't need to pound out the miles right now. This week BiM actually let me post a map of where we ran. Our run went in a different direction today because another section near Spanish Landing is prepping for a Tri tomorrow, and they're already setting up, otherwise we probably would have run in that direction. I felt OK for this run, I was running at a good pace, not fast, but I didn't want to wipe myself out, either, especially since I had a good (hard) workout at RU yesterday. My running form is off, and I suppose it will take a long time to correct it to almost normal. Someone volunteering with the track club was kind enough to take pictures today, and I'll post those as soon as they become available.

Other stuff:

A brief conversation with my grandson this morning upon looking at the cover of an April issue of The Reader, a San Diego free publication:

The Kid: "Mimi?"
Me: "Yes?"
The Kid: "What's that a picture of?" "Is it a lizard?" "It looks wrong."
Me: "No, that's a sea turtle."
The Kid: "Did you know that when turtles flip over they become boats?"

It's finally starting to feel like summer.

Thursday's song:
No One Ever Told Me - Wheat - Barbie2be

PEACE

7 comments:

Aka Alice said...

Really? There's a tri tomorrow? hmmmmm...

Missed you all this morning. I'm still nursing the sore foot :-(. Maybe by Tuesday I'll be more mobile.

Boats...that's priceless!

Aka Alice said...

OH...DUH...the SD International Tri (yes I had to look it up)...I knew about that.

Anne said...

It was great to catch up on the run this morning. Thanks for tracking the mileage...I wasn't sure how far we'd gone. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and that inquisitive grandson.

Oh, and is it Sting????

Pink Granite said...

Out of the mouths of babes ---- comes so much creativity!
;o)
- Lee

Miss Rachel said...

I did not know that about turtles, but I could see it kind of making sense. ;-) Except for sea turtles (I love sea turtles).

Glenn Jones said...

Sometimes it's so nice just to get a bit of a break from all the miles and hours. It helps me to refresh my mind and body - that's for sure.

Irene said...

AKA Alice,
I guess there were about 2000 people there! Take care of that foot!

Anne,
The runs have been nice and easy, so far. I'm sure things will be ramped up in a few weeks. The kid really makes me laugh. Where does he come up with that stuff?

Glenn,
I will ramp things up eventually, but I don't really have anything until the fall, but I'd like to be half marathon ready, though.

Lee,
He's at such a cool age right now. Everything is a huge discovery.

Rachel,
It was funny. He's been cleverly chatty lately.