Monday, March 06, 2006

Shopping

Yesterday, Michael and I went out to Road Runner Sports in search of a new running shoe for me, and to see what he could find since he'll need newer shoes soon, anyway. Right off the bat, Michael checks out the clearance shelves for discontinued/returns/worn once shoes AND finds his Brooks shoes Image hosting by Photobucketwhich aren't discontinued or worn -- brand new, this year's version... My guess is they were a catalog return. Me, on the other hand, spend an hour trying on several pairs of shoes... The sales people there are on commission, so the guy helping me kept bringing out the uber expensive shoes... After a while I narrowed it down to two pairs that felt good and spent time comparing... This is what I ended up with, Asics Gel Nimbus VII:
Image hosting by Photobucket
I swear, they better not discontinue these any time soon!!!

I also ended up with Adidas shorts:
Image hosting by Photobucket

and a hydration belt:
Image hosting by Photobucket

It still bugs me that Michaels shoes haven't been discontinued and can find them new on the sale shelves! He saved about $30. on his shoes. I don't wanna talk about mine... Even with my VIP discount they were still not cheap... Well, they are comfy

No comments: