Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hip Stuff & Such...

Running this weekend was a total bust, but I did manage to fit in a 3 mile walk with Michael on Saturday, and later on a upper body circuits with resistance bands. The outer right side of my hip has become rather bothersome and "twingey" with pain... All running books and articles suggest new shoes with more cushion when hip pains occur. I alternate 2 pairs of shoes that have about 100 miles each on them, and they both have extra cushion. Perhaps I'm breaking down that particular make/style of running shoes quicker than normal. Most running shoes should be good for 300 miles or so, but running shoes are not created equal. Since my Nike's were discontinued, I do need to find a different style and/or make anyway... I did set up an appointment at the doctor's for Thursday morning.

One of my friends has become quite the runner over the past year. I'm truly excited for him and the progress he has made. He e-mailed this picture to me of him running in his neighborhood and asked about form -- looks good to me! I don't think I have a picture of me running in my own neighborhood...

No comments: