Friday, November 27, 2009

A Day Without Rain



Happy Belated Thanksgiving!


No 5k Turkey Trots.
I thought about, but with my toe still sensitive and Las Vegas looming, it was better to sleep in this year.

No computer.
I'm stealing a few moments on my son's computer just to catch up on a few e-mails and blog reading. Sorry about not visiting your blog and commenting. I miss my daily does of catching up with everyone. My computer is rebooting every 3 minutes with an error message. We just shut it off and hope that our daughter's computer tech-y boyfriend can fix it.

No Black Friday Sales.

I worked too many years in retail where I had to open or close on Black Friday. I avoid the malls on Black Friday unless I absolutely need something.

No Rain.
It has been well over 100 days without measurable precipitation. Normally, a sunny day is a good thing, but it's so dry and the threat of fire is looming. Rumor has it that we might see rain over the weekend. I hope so.

However...

I am thankful that I was able to spend the holiday with my family, and that, in spite of things way beyond our control, we are happy. You just can't buy a day like that.

Tuesday's song:

Lost and Found - Taking Back Sunday - Run-DMZ

PEACE

13 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hope you manage to get the computer fixed! How annoying! I'm not a fan of crowd, or lineups, so i doubt i'd ever do black friday! Enjoy your weekend :)

Southbaygirl said...

Enya!

Glad you had a great thanksgiving!! but OMG-life without a computer...i wouldn't survive!! I hope you get it fixed soon!!

Glad you were able and wanted to rest on Thanksgiving!!

Glenn Jones said...

Happy to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving! Get that computer fixed!

Miss Rachel said...

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you! Totally know what you mean about hitting the malls (as a retail "veteran" myself) - not my cup of tea.

Good luck with the 'puter.

Unknown said...

So happy you had a nice holiday with family. It was a dry one here but still gorgeous! Hope your computer sparks up!

Anne said...

You and I both write about how dry it is and BAM! it starts raining cats and dogs. I'm loving this wet weather, aren't you?

Rookie on the Run said...

Yay for rain!! It's been pouring in Escondido and I love it!

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving & I hope you get your computer fixed soon. :)

KatieFeldmom said...

Hubby works retail too so I never go out shopping the entire Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you guys get some rain ..... it stormed up here but I didn't get any - everyone else in Sacramento area did though. I think God put an umbrella over my neighborhood.

Jill said...

Ooo, no computer would be very difficult for me; I'd have to camp out at the library for a few days.
Hope you got some rain and wow, Vegas is soooon! Hope you're feeling great!

Aka Alice said...

How funny! You spoke a day too soon!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family.

I Run for Fun said...

Sounds like a relaxing thanksgiving. I hear you on Black Fridays...I don't have the nerve to venture out till after 12 pm...when the crowds have lessened.

Lisa said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. I was nowhere near malls this weekend. Bring on Cyber Monday!

I hope you feel 100% by the weekend. Have a great race!

Teamarcia said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving to me. I don't go near the mall on Black friday... and I could've done without that Turkey Trot as well. The compouter is another story--hope yours is fixed soon!