Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baby, What A Big Surprise

About three weeks ago, I had noticed on Meg Runs blog that she put on her sidebar a pair of gently worn men's Nike Lunar Glides, size 12, for free. At first I didn't think much about it, until about a week ago it occurred to me (after seeing the photo of the Nikes several times) that my husband wears a size 12 and likes Nikes. I contacted Meg and the shoes were still available. She said she would mail them out at no cost to me. I knew the shoes would be on their way soon, but this has been a busy week and had other things on my mind. Today the UPS driver stops at my house. UPS? I didn't order anything. Then I saw the shoe sized box and realized what it was. I opened the box, expecting to see only shoes and perhaps a note, but this is what I saw:

Upon opening the box I found the glittery leaves, the bag of chocolates, the little note, and the shoes.

How cute is that?

This package totally made my day. I was feeling as if I was slogging through the mud today, and this package lifted my spirits. I'm sure it will make my husband's day, too. Thanks Meg! You make a difference!

I'm taking the next few days off from running and working out, so (hopefully) I'll be fresh for the Silver Strand half marathon on Sunday.

Tuesday's song:
What It Takes - Aerosmith - Barbie2be

PEACE

11 comments:

Rookie on the Run said...

Awww... what a sweet thing for her to do! That would totally make my day, too.

I forgot the Silver Strand is this weekend (obviously I'm not doing it). Be sure to take pictures! I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Oh... and the song is Chicago's! I love Chicago. :)

Southbaygirl said...

How awesome is that!!!! Made my day seeing all the surprises in the box!!

Anonymous said...

I ♥ getting stuff in the mail...especially when it's free :)

RunningLaur said...

So cute!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

That was sweet! Good luck on Sunday!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

What a great package, and definitely a mood-lifter! Enjoy the rest and have a great race!

Jo Lynn said...

Aaaaaw, that is SO neat. ;)

Unknown said...

Have fun running on Sunday! Hope the shoes are working out...let us know, my husband is interested in knowing if your husband likes them or not!

Miss Rachel said...

I especially like the glittery leaves. I mean the shoes are the important things, but the leaves made the package super special.

Boy, do I remember hearing Baby What a Big Surprise a lot when I was growing up. My sister had a lot of Chicago albums. They were great back then.

Good luck with your race tomorrow! Go Irene!

Aka Alice said...

How'd she make the glittery leaves? How cool is THAT?

Hey, good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you!

Glenn Jones said...

And you find out that you two are both the same height too! How cool is that! I've gotta go to her blog now to give her some grief....