Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Looking Out My Back Door

No running or workout yesterday...

How was your three day weekend? Mine was hot. I don't know if it was record breaking heat, but we had temps in the hundreds in my neighborhood. Did I ever mention that we don't have an air conditioner at this house? It's usually not so hot in my neighborhood, but it was exceptionally toasty with little to no relief, so we had to improvise, like making use of the Spiderman Slip 'N' Slide.

The warm and humid weather brings all sorts of interesting clouds, which helps to provide the most fabulous sunsets.

All summer long, we can see the tower at Sea World, lit up to represent the colors of the American Flag. In years past, it was only lit up at Christmas time. I believe it's lit up year-round now, but with different colors for Christmas.

Just about every night, since about Memorial Day, we've seen the Sea World fireworks at 9:50 PM, and ends at 10:00 PM. My dog goes crazy barking EVERY NIGHT when the fireworks go off. Luckily, the neighbors really don't notice, probably because their dogs are barking, too. I thought my dog would get used to the booming noise, but she has to put in her 2 cents every night. Now that Labor Day has passed, the fireworks will only happen on the weekends, and the dog will have to bark at something else.




Back to business...

It's time for the list of the August winners for: "NAME THAT ARTIST /BAND/COMPOSER/MUSICIAN/ETC." For those of you who haven't played yet, it's pretty simple. I title my blog posts with song titles. Be the first to correctly guess who recorded/performed the song, post your answer under "comments," and if you are correct, the glory is yours.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8/31/07 Sounds of Silence - Simon & Garfunkle -
Run-DMZ

8/30/07 C Is For Cookie - Cookie Monster - Katiefeldmom

8/28/07 Rock 'N' Roll Lifestyle - Cake -
Barbie2be

8/26/07 When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - Danny Kay, Bing Crosby, Roger Whittaker, etc -
Pat

8/24/07 I Have Confidence - Julie Andrews - Miss Rachel

8/22/07 My Stunning Mystery Comparison - Jackson Browne - Barbie2be

8/20/07 Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam -
Zooman, Barbie2be

8/19/07 Hot Child In The City - Nick Glider -
Barbie2be

8/17/07 I Turn My Camera On - Spoon -
Leslie

8/14/07 Hot In The City - Billy Idol -
Barbe2be

8/10/07 Finally Friday - George Jones -
Barbie2be

8/8/07 Big Empty - Stone Temple Pilots -
Pat

8/4/07 Happy Trails - Dale Evans-Rogers - Barbie2be

8/1/07 The Name Game - Shirley Ellis -
Barbie2be

PEACE

6 comments:

FV Tom said...

CCR!

Great pics, Irene. Really beautiful.

It got to 102 here on Monday. Talk about hot. We aren't used to that. We do have air conditioning but I just can't get used to it. I stay in the Garage Mahal with a fan!

KatieFeldmom said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I love fireworks!!! But don't know if I could deal with them every night. Whew.

Anne said...

Love the photos too. I don't remember that sunset, but maybe that's because I was hibernating in our A/c-cooled house most of the weekend :-)

FV Tom said...

Yup, 10 is the best. Thanks!

iJuls said...

It sure has been HOT. Glad you got to share your slip 'n slide with your son.

Irene said...

Tom,
Winner!!! Thanks. I wanted to do a series of photos from my back door, but it never really happened, so this was as close as it came. :)

Katie,
I love fireworks, and I would go out almost every night to watch. They're only 10 minutes long, every night, just at summer and maybe spring break.

Anne,
It was beautiful. Glad someone enjoyed AC! LOL...

Tom,
Just making sure!

Juls,
It sure was toasty, wasn't it? That little guy is my grandson. :)