Saturday, July 30, 2005

Vacation...

It's time for a family vacation once again... We're all flying to Chicago to visit my sister & family and play tourist for a week. It should be fun because we've never really been through Chicago before (and the airport does not count.) I've been hearing how hot it is there so I hope I'm able to go running at some point. Of course, there is always the gym, and I can use my membership out there. I'm just concerned about the eating part because I'm getting rid of the post marathon weight and I'm somewhat stable right now, plus I'm gaining muscle. I just want to be in control of my eating and drinking over the vacation and stick to my free meal plans of Sunday dinner and Thursday lunch or dinner. We'll see how it goes. My goal for this trip is to not loose any ground I've made thus far. I've been working out with weights consistently at the gym, and only a couple of times I had to stay home with resistance bands. I've been running at least 4 miles at a time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays or Sundays, and keeping my time anywhere between 38 and 41 minutes for the 4 miles. I did have one really off day and did about 43 minutes for 4 miles. My goal is to run 4 miles in under 38 minutes, even if it's 37:59... Having bouts of asthma has thrown me off, and I know it's a seasonal thing. The running doesn't bring it on as I'm already dealing with controlling my breathing before I even set foot in the gym. As for the knee pain management, that's going well, in part to all the suppliments I take and cutting back on my running, since marathon training is over for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a machine, my work outs are not even half of what you are doing. Training for the olympics are we?

TRACER

Irene said...

Well, what are you waiting for?

Sarah said...

*Enjoy* your vacation! It looks like you have a good plan-of-attack for the food/exercise while you are away...you'll do just fine :-)

Anonymous said...

Have fun Irene.

You should try to connect with Stacey (getNlean) I think she is in the Chicago area. Add to your collection of muscle tank friend photos.

Irene said...

Sarah - I had a good time. I didn't stay on course with eating and exercising but I did muster a 5 mile stint on a gym treadmill.

Cathy - I was a litte late on the uptake with that info! maybe next time I'll make the connection.