Sunday, July 03, 2005

5k on the 4th

Michael and I are going to wake up early and participate in the 31st Annual Coronado Independence Day 15K run 5k Run/Walk. We're doing the 5K. I'm still not quite up to speed, as my last 4 miler averaged just over a 9 minute mile. I'm okay with that... We're going to have fun anyway. I know this won't be my personal best but we needed to get back on the running bandwagon... I've been averaging about a 15 miles a week now, and hope to keep that going for a while, I just want to build up a little more speed, provided that my knees will let me. Being back at weight training is really kicking my butt... I've really lost tone but I hope to get that back in due time. I finally posted my before pictures on Muscletank. I'm not as bad as I perceived myself, but I do have plenty to work on...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck in the race! I've been checking in on your site, but haven't had much time to comment lately :-) Sorry!

Irene said...

Thanks Sarah! It's been busy here too! Thanks for visiting!