Thursday, December 22, 2005

Surf's Up, Way Up!


Surf photos from the San Diego Union tribune

Yesterday was the first day of winter, but it felt a lot like summer! It was 85 degrees in my neighborhood, and the beach was showing off some ginormous 20 foot waves! I have yet to take out my winter sweaters or fully utilize my fireplace. Oh, I'm not complaining one bit. Christmas isn't about the weather. It just seems odd to be at Christmas week and have very balmy weather here. I'm sure this will all change in a week or two. Hmmmmm... It might be a good idea to barbecue some steak on Christmas day. Oh, we do partake in the traditional Christmas dinner with family on Christmas Eve, so we're not missing out on ANYTHING...

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a scary looking wave! Of course, the surfers probably had a blast.

Anytime is a good time to have grilled steaks LOL. If our weather was like yours right now, we'd be having a cookout as well.

Happy Hanukwanzmas! (My new PC holiday term)
Angie

Irene said...

Angie,
It was great! We grilled our steaks and had baked potatoes, cucumber salad, and stopped by the in-laws for dessert later that evening... (We had to make an appearance.)

Happy "Hanukwazmas" back at ya!

Irene