Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Moondoggies or Bust!

I've been consistent in keeping my 4 mile runs under 40 miutes but I haven't been able to break through 38:00 minutes yet. The weather is changing and I can feel little twinges in my knees this week. We also have the Moondoggies run this Sunday and I'm hoping it will be smooth going. The course is relatively flat with no hills what-so-ever. I'm also trying to shake things up with weight training. I switch almost all of my exercises from machines to free weights. I really felt the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) yesterday in my arms, which made it a little more difficult to run -- gotta swing those arms back and forth to run! I have about 2 weeks left in my BFL challenge and then I'll be looking to try something new.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck in the race this weekend! I hope those knees quit whining :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your race Irene. I predict a 37 minute or less finish.

I'm sure you will be terrific.

Irene said...

Sarah,
Been making sure I take all of my supplements, so I hope that helps.

Cathy,
Thanks for your optimisim!