Thursday, May 12, 2011

To Make A Long Story Short

Taper time. Sort of.


With the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in about three weeks and three more half marathons on the calender,  there's really no such thing as taper time.  Perhaps it's stagger time?  If I were marathon training for SDRNR would be running the longest run of the training session this weekend,  which would be a 20 miler, but since I'm opting for the half marathon it's another day at the office... sort of, but it's the kind of office I enjoy going to.  There's no need to burn the candle at both ends.


Song from May 4, 2011:
Protect Ya Neck -Wu Tang Clan

PEACE



Random internet photo of taper candles, no photo credit attached.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Ahhh, memories of when I ran SDRnR in 2000 - not a happy experience. Enjoy the "taper" time and glad the office environment is still a happy one!!
xo

Black Knight said...

At last now the blogs work! The half marathon is also a challenging and amazing distance. You have all the time to prepare another marathon. Glad you enjoy your office.

Sunshine said...

Sounds like you have good plans and a good running season ahead of you.
Good job.

chris mcpeake said...

great plan, good luck.
HMs can be just as hard as the marathon just in a bit different way

Chris K said...

Missed you guys at Encinitas this morning. Great race. Perfect weather. Ran with Meg's husband who ended up smoking me.

I think you are all set for SD RnR half. I bet you guys will have fun.

Aka Alice said...

We are as ready as we're going to be. I think you'll do great Irene! Thanks so much for training with me this season...we'll definitely do more if it in the future!

Miss Rachel said...

Good luck Irene. That's a lot of half marathons - you rock!

(I like the random taper candle picture, btw.)

ATTrio said...

Sounds like you have a lot scheduled. I'd totally be interested in hearing how you end up managing it all! I am always wondering what to train for first. For instance, I have a marathon in 4 weeks and a 10k in 2 weeks. I feel like I dont have energy to train for all of it so what do I choose???

Happy Staggering -Jen

Joyce said...

I like the staggering idea. Have fun tapering for your half!